Prepared for the Brexit
Current situation: new extension until 31.10.2019
As a result of the special European Council held last 10 April 2019, it has granted the United Kingdom a new extension, until the next 31 October so that it can ratify the agreement of withdrawal or offer any other alternative to the HAT.
The Kingdom united, in any case, may ratify the agreement of withdrawn at any time, before the end of this term.
Without limiting the foregoing, if 30 June United Kingdom has not called European Parliament elections, he would be removed automatically from the union.
In the case of a withdrawal from the United Kingdom of the European Union without agreement, the council of ministers held on 1 March, approved the Royal Decree Law 5 / 2019 it contains national policy measures aimed at countering, to the extent possible, the unwanted effects arising from this withdrawal without agreement, in those areas of state matter that are tried essential for a successful transition to the new situation, in order to preserve, both the interests of citizens, Spanish and British, who exercised their right to free movement before the date of the withdrawal, as normal workings of trade flows and economic interests of Spain.
It is temporary measures, aimed at facilitating the transition to the new situation derivative of the account of the kingdom united as a third state. In this way, do not seek to establish the future relationship with United Kingdom and its operation will cease when the time elapsed in each case shows, or before, if adopted, bilateral and European, as appropriate, instruments called to regulate relations with the unified kingdom durably.
The maintenance of measures is subject to treatment by the equivalent United Kingdom, which shall be verified through the mechanisms uniquely provided for this purpose.
Fifth communication preparation and contingency
The past 14 June, the college adopted the fifth communication on preparation and contingency Brexit. The committee has also developed a document of questions and answers on The rights of citizens (includes the part concerning Spain).
This Communication has two annexes (the first on the regulations HAT of contingency and the second with the list of notes produced by the committee).
This fifth Communication takes stock of preparatory measures and contingency of the European Union versus Brexit, particularly in light of the decision on 11 April by the European Council (Article 50), at the request and with the agreement of the kingdom united, to extend the period of Article 50 until 31 October 2019.
The Brexit will mean a fundamental change in the future relations of industrial companies and SMEs with the United Kingdom. Everyone should know how it affects them and be prepared, especially if the exit occurs without agreement.Saber más
In front of the Brexit, get ready: We inform about the negotiations and actions to be taken for a trade and investments of Spain to proof of Brexit.Saber más
The departure of the United Kingdom from the European Union, whether by agreement or without agreement, will undoubtedly have an impact on tourism.Saber más
Brexit | 3/6/2019
Brexit Tourism | 2/12/2019
Brexit Tourism | 2/6/2019
Brexit Trade | 11/8/2018
- Quinta Comunicación Preparación y Contingencia (European Commission, Brussels 12.6.2019) [pdf] [1.86 MB]
- Real Decreto 47/2019, de 8 de febrero, por el que se aprueba la oferta de empleo público para los sectores estratégicos ante la retirada del Reino Unido de la Unión Europea. [pdf] [215.19 KB]
- Discurso de Barnier en el European Policy Centre: “Estado de situación del Brexit” [pdf] [537.26 KB]
- Discurso de Barnier en el Colegio de Europa: “Europa tras el Brexit” [pdf] [584.27 KB]
- Real Decreto-ley 5/2019, de 1 de marzo, por el que se adoptan medidas de contingencia ante la retirada del Reino Unido de Gran Bretaña e Irlanda del Norte de la Unión Europea [pdf] [470.69 KB]
- The EU-UK Withdrawal Agreement explained
- Declaración conjunta de la Primera Ministra May y del Presidente de la Comisión Europea, Jean Claude Juncker, de 20 de febrero de 2019 [pdf] [41.32 KB]
- Discurso del Encargado de la UE para la negociación del Brexit, Michel Barnier, ante el Comité Económico y Social, de 23 de febrero de 2019 [pdf] [51.3 KB]
- Discursos del Presidente de la Comisión Europea, Jean Claude Juncker y del Encargado de la UE para la negociación del Brexit, Michel Barnier, ante el Pleno del Parlamento Europeo de 30 de enero de 2019 [pdf] [67.23 KB]