Prepared for the Brexit
The Council of ministers held last Friday March 1, has adopted a royal DECRETO-LEY to deal with the consequences of withdrawal from the United Kingdom of the European Union without agreement (BOE of 2.03.2019) and contains national regulatory actions, supplementing those taken by the European union.
Actions are directed to counter, to the extent possible, the unwanted effects arising from a withdrawal of the kingdom United without agreement in those areas of state matter that are tried essential for a successful transition to the new situation.
The measures are aimed at two objectives:
- Preserve the interests of citizens, Spanish and British, who exercised their right to free movement before the date of withdrawal.
- Preserve the normal workings of trade flows and economic interests of Spain.
It is temporary measures aimed at facilitating the transition to the new situation derivative of the account of the kingdom united as a third state. In this way, do not seek to establish the future relationship with United Kingdom and its operation will cease when the time elapsed in each case shows, or before, if adopted, bilateral and European, as appropriate, instruments called to regulate relations with the unified kingdom durably.
The maintenance of measures is subject to treatment by the equivalent United Kingdom, which shall be verified through the mechanisms uniquely provided for this purpose.
The Brexit will mean a fundamental change in the future relations of industrial companies and SMEs with the United Kingdom. Everyone should know how it affects them and be prepared, especially if the exit occurs without agreement.Saber más
In front of the Brexit, get ready: We inform about the negotiations and actions to be taken for a trade and investments of Spain to proof of Brexit.Saber más
The departure of the United Kingdom from the European Union, whether by agreement or without agreement, will undoubtedly have an impact on tourism.Saber más
Brexit | 3/6/2019
Brexit Tourism | 2/12/2019
Brexit Tourism | 2/6/2019
Brexit Trade | 11/8/2018
- Real Decreto-ley 5/2019, de 1 de marzo, por el que se adoptan medidas de contingencia ante la retirada del Reino Unido de Gran Bretaña e Irlanda del Norte de la Unión Europea [pdf] [470.69 KB]
- The EU-UK Withdrawal Agreement explained
- Declaración conjunta de la Primera Ministra May y del Presidente de la Comisión Europea, Jean Claude Juncker, de 20 de febrero de 2019 [pdf] [41.32 KB]
- Discurso del Encargado de la UE para la negociación del Brexit, Michel Barnier, ante el Comité Económico y Social, de 23 de febrero de 2019 [pdf] [51.3 KB]
- Discursos del Presidente de la Comisión Europea, Jean Claude Juncker y del Encargado de la UE para la negociación del Brexit, Michel Barnier, ante el Pleno del Parlamento Europeo de 30 de enero de 2019 [pdf] [67.23 KB]